Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!


Two hands and a foot. It would have been nice to get three hands, but the baby wasn't having it. I put that paint on his chubby little hand, and he wouldn't hold it still for anything! Oh well - the only thing cuter than a little baby hand, is a little baby foot. This was a fun and simple project....thanks for the heads up to my friend Jodie and Redenvelope.com! They were selling a kit for $40 I think....I did this for under $20. I was looking for the perfect ribbon to hide the canvas staples and when I couldn't find one - I used this "measuring tape" ribbon which I think looks pretty cute. I toyed with embellishing them more, but decided to keep them really simple so that they wouldn't have to compete with one another. It's hard to embellish three separate pieces and hang them on the wall next to one another, without "junking up" the overall look. Anyway, they are now hanging in my hallway and look super cute. Easy, meaningful Father's Day Present! I'm sure my husband was much more pleased with these than he would have been with say a gift card for Home Depot. Right?..........right? :) Oh well. I like 'em.


It's been so crazy with the end of the school year, end of baseball season, Father's Day, etc. I have so many projects in my head and I can't wait to finally get back to "work!" The big boys have VBC camp this week so my mornings will be free if the baby naps. I'm hoping to make at least a couple of new things for my shop this week. My frames all sold....to say that I'm pleasantly surprised is an understatement!

No comments: